We pushed through and got our last two bedrooms dry-walled, ceilings and all! What a wonderful feeling! It gave us the opportunity to clean things up, open some boxes that were still sitting from when we moved, and create the space we want in these rooms. I'm floating!
The system worked as follows:
- Rip out hardboard
- Rip out all ugly old drapes, baseboard, window trim, and light fixtures
- Replace plugs and switches with nice clean modern ones
- Tuck tape any ripped insulation plastic (thank goodness all the insulation was in great condition).
- Hammer in any nails sticking out
- Put up ceiling drywall first
- Drywall the walls
- Tape, putty, prime and paint (currently in the midst)
- Install light fixtures, window trim
- Eventually put in new baseboards after we replace the flooring.
- Keep bedroom doors closed as much as possible during this process.
That's been the best part of these rooms... having them totally separate from our common living spaces.
Soon we can decorate how we like. I'm still in shock! Can't wait to have the final pieces to show soon.
Needless to say, we're taking a nice break once these rooms are done. For our sanity, time, and budget! We're going to relax and begin prepping for outdoor projects. Coming soon... my chick brooder and coop update.